Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not great photos, but here's what I did...

I actually got in my scrap room the other day to work on some stuff. Having a month break almost because of the surgery and christmas really took the winds out of my sails. But this little wallet sized photo of my Grammy fell out of a stack so I needed to scrap it. I have hung onto this old MM paper collection for a long time now and I love it for vintage photos.


This one is photos I LOVED from Natchitoches, LA. It's the oldest town in LA. So amazing. Old plantations, beautiful architecture, the style of buildings you expect to be in LA, but it's not the norm! When we moved here, I expected to see things that looked like the french quarter in NOLA. But that's not the reality at all! Reality is that NOLA is not where I live, so my area looks just like any other major metro area. We live in the country, our house is 3 years old. We have mobile homes near us and downtown shreveport is being torn down, one decrepid empty building at a time. Sad. So anyway, I loved this spiral staircase. I have been told it's a national historic landmark. It's awesome. I used a ton of smooch and some MM glaze, which I love! I used it in the corner and the top, the silver part that is so reflective you can't tell what the heck it is! But in person it looks really cool.

So yeah, that's pretty much it! Luke is gone for 7 weeks for school, I am at home with the kids when they aren't in school, which seems like all the time! They had thursday off for a pretend weather day and have friday and next monday off again! It's a wonder they learn anything! I have been crocheting a lot. I am wokring on some stuff for an etsy store. the crocheting is an extension of my anxiety, I need to be doing something with my hands right now constantly. So this is the most productive thing I could think of. Now if only I could teach my toes to crochet, maybe i could stop the constant wriggling/tapping of those things! Look for more from me soon!

1 comment:

  1. Couple of great pages! Good for you for jumping back in and getting the mojo flowing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so write to your little hearts content!