Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Haunting

My friend Ana and I took our kids to this very old cemetery by my house. I live out of town in a rural area. Up on the side of this random little raised wooded area is a very small cemetery. We're talking maybe 25 graves, all from the same 3 or 4 families. The earliest in tact grave marker is a death date of 1899 and the latest is sometime in the 30's. It's not marked, I can't find out anything about it. But it's there and occasionally someone comes up there and mows over the grass overgrowth. We got all the kids ready to go to the Halloween Party at the Calvary Chapel. we made a stop up there on the way to town.
These are a few of the photos I took with my Olympus E-500. Sometimes it gives me fits and makes me crazy, but right now it's working ok! They were pretty much all shot at 1/30 or 1/40 and F4.3. No flash on my standard lens.

Hailey dressed up as a vampire. By the time we got out of the truck, she was over her vampire teeth and didn't wear them the whole day! So much for being a vampire! Henry was a skeleton. Nuf said. Trent was the white ninja from the new G.I. Joe movie. He's the bad guy, aparantly. We haven't seen it but Lindsey told me he was. So Trent had to tell EVERYONE that he was the white ninja from GI Joe and he was a bad guy not a good guy. Julia was a Zebra. So cute! She had a bit of a cold though and wasn't feeling so excited. Of course I had to take a photo of Napoleon in his super cute bumblebee costume! He didn't fight it, he did fight the leash, so we couldn't take him with us. Bummer. Next year though. I will work on the leash thing. He's just used to being in my purse of my carrying him.



Isn't the flare and the sun streaks on Hailey's photo FREAKY? Seriously! I had one that came out perfectly, really crisp and clean. But the other 3 I took had obvious streaking and this odd flare. I zoomed in on it and it looked like a flame from a bunsen burner! TOO CREEPY. It's sun flare, I was shooting into the sunset. But still. In a graveyard on Halloween....






4 comments:

  1. these turned out cool Rach!!!!! love the scenery you found :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eerie, perfect setting. Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgoodness these pics are terrific! I can't wait to see the layouts they generate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cool setting for Halloween pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so write to your little hearts content!